NEW ORIGINAL TRACKS AVAILABLE!!! (click for info)
Links to projects and artists I play with:
- DANNY ABEL BAND (DAB): 3 original tracks have been released of my own music, combining elements of funk, jazz, and soul! I’m extremely excited about the music and happy to share it with the world. Click here to listen/purchase!
- Tank and The Bangas : Since winning the NPR Tiny Desk Concert Competition in 2017, this band has become world famous. I started playing with the band at the 2017 New Orleans Jazz and Heritage festival, and starting in April 2018 I will be touring full time around the country and the world with this band, and can be found on an upcoming live vinyl release by the band on Verve records.
- Gravity A : NOLA live electronic band with the ability to get extremely funky and move in all sorts of interesting directions. We recently put out a new album with this band which I helped produce, and which listed by Offbeat Magazine as one of the top 50 albums of 2013. This is one of the main bands that I tour with.
- Khris Royal & Dark Matter : Khris has been voted Best Saxophone Player in the Offbeat Magazine awards, and tours consistently with Rebelution and George Porter, Jr. I play in Khris’ original band Dark Matter, a hard hitting, funky, and complex group full of high energy and musicality.
- BrasiNola : Formed by Danny with Gregg Allman Bassist, Ron Johnson, and Brazilian keyboardist Eduardo Tozzatto, this band bridges a gap between the samba rhythms of Brazil and the classic funk sounds of New Orleans.
- Pat Casey & The New Sound : One of the most talented bass players in the city, Pat Casey finds the time in between all of his gigs as a sideman, to lead his own band, The New Sound. We play every sunday at the Spotted Cat in NOLA, moving between straight ahead jazz and funk/fusion.
- Derrick Freeman : In addition to playing drums with renowned trumpet player, Kermit Ruffins, Derrick is a proficient songwriter and producer. I play gigs in and out of NOLA with his band Smoker’s World and can be found on the his EP entitled “DWB”.
- Groovesect: Years ago this was my main project. Groovesect is a mostly instrumental funk band with high energy grooves that keep you dancing all night. After a 2 year hiatus we have reunited and sound funkier than ever!
- Corey Henry: The current trombone player for Galactic, Corey also leads his own band, The Treme Funktet which I play with every Thursday at Vaughan’s in NOLA, as well as at festivals and clubs all over town.
- Eileina : One of the most talented female jazz vocalists in New Orleans, I regularly play duo and trio straight-ahead jazz gigs around New Orleans with Eileina.